When a suspect is due to appear in court the Gardaí will tell you:
- whether the suspect is being held in prison or on bail and any conditions of the bail.
- the time, date and location of the court hearing.
- the prosecution process – if you are likely to be called as a witness and support you can get from voluntary organisations which support victims of crime
- about cases where the law allows you as a victim to give evidence to the court about the crime’s impact on you.
- about court expenses if you are required to attend court as a witness.
- the final result of the criminal trial.