General information about reporting a crime
- The Gardaí will respond quickly to your call and investigate your complaint.
- If you are unable to communicate fluently in English you will be provided with free translation services.
- You will be provided with the name, station and telephone number of the Garda investigating the crime and the PULSE incident number – unique Garda case identification number which allows the Gardaí to quickly find details of your case.
- The investigating garda will explain what will happen and keep you informed of the criminal investigation – this includes writing to you when a suspect is charged or cautioned in relation to your incident.
- The garda will tell you about the services available from the Irish Tourist Assistance Service (ITAS), and refer you to them if you so wish.